There were some great ideas and possibilities such as having:
- a parent cooking group that can be emailed to come in and cook when veges are ready
- vege soup to sell at lunchtimes
- chickens kept at school
- beehives at school (kept in the out of bounds area by the reserve)
- waste free lunch boxes and a waste free school
- colour coded recycling and compost bins with picture signs to make it easy to understand
- a harvest festival stall at Gala Day (flower wreath competition, selling seedlings and comfrey tea)
- a working bee held straight after Family Night (when families are free to help plant trees)
Any help or time to run the gardens would be greatly appreciated.
We enjoyed enjoyed eating coriander pizza and drinking mint punch - from Arahoe's vege garden. If you need any herbs, just send a note with your child, and I'll send some home.